Let the House of Medicine hear your voice! Every member of the New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons has the opportunity to provide input regarding the development of policies and positions impacting orthopaedic surgeons and we encourage you to get involved!
Working with NYSSOS Board of Directors, NYSSOS members have advocated for Resolutions that have covered a variety of issues including:
- Fair Health Transparency
- Use of High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid to treat Knee Osteoarthritis
- Pathology Specimens
- WC Preferred Provider Organizations
- Repeal of the New York State Medicare/Medicaid 20% Payment Charge
- Truth in Advertisements or Marketing Materials to the Public
What is a Resolution?
Resolutions set forth background information and propose a course of action to change policy, laws and regulations at the state and federal levels.
Resolutions are constructed with background information ("Whereas" clause/s) and conclude with a specific proposal oh how to change the issue at hand ("Resolved" clause/s).
When Crafting a Resolution Keep in Mind the Following:
We will help you craft and refine your idea and then submit it for consideration at this year’s MSSNY House of Delegates Meeting. Please email Babette Grey, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What do I want to change?
- Is there existing policy, statute or regulation?
- Who can effect the desired change?
- Are there potential allies?
- What are the financial consequences?